In the case, your organization makes its own software product, has its own website, or needs to keep track of software related issues; at that point, you require a bug tracking tools. Normally, there is a lot of such defect tracking tools accessible.
A most of these tools are either complicated to utilize or complex to install. MantisBT, on the other hand, is both easy to utilize and easy to install.
This open source bug tracking software is composed in PHP, utilizes MySQL, and can be installed on OS/2, Linux, Mac, Windows, and much more.
MantisBT is one such tool that can fill the need of bug tracking system. Mantis bug tracker is initially developed in the year 2000 by Kenzaburo Ito. The Victor Boctor, Julian Fitzell, and Jeroen Latour participated in this project and it becomes a team in the year 2000 only.
The version 1.0.0 of Mantis tracker was discharged in the year 2006. Till then, new updates have been released. In July 2012, the MantisBT association on GitHub turned into the official storehouse for the Project’s source code. Presently, MantisBT 2.5.1 is the newest stable version accessible in the market.
Mantis bug tracking tool is produced in PHP language, and backings databases like PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MySQL, and various programs, yet not constrained to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. The UI of the Mantis tool is manufactured utilizing CSS and HTML.
This is discharged under the GNU General Public License.
Uses of MantisBT:
- To track all bugs/issue all through Defect lifecycle.
- To oversee at release level also.
- Backings reporting and analytic features.
- Backings plug-in with other software and IDE to make it more powerful and effective.
What issue does it settle?
MantisBT is a full-featured free bug tracking software that monitors bugs as well as incorporates a user system so different clients can connect and various projects can be tracked.
Standout Features of Mantis Testing Tool:
- Easy to use and install
- Backings projects, categories, and sub-projects
- Different levels of user access
- Support Changelog
- Support “My View” page
- Consist of filter tools and search
- Graphing and Reporting built-in
- Support Custom field
- Provide email notification
- Adaptable issue work process
Limitation of Mantis Open Source Tool:
- Just a single screenshot can be attached during the bug report creation process. You can join another to the already created bug report
- UI isn’t appealing
- There is no alternative to producing a progress report
- There is no alternative to track stuff automatically
Issue tracking system deals with the bug adequately, and productively. At last, decreasing time, and endeavors in managing bug history. With appropriate administration of bugs, we can enhance the quality of the work procedure and can stay away from any loopholes during the procedure of testing, and development.
With Mantis defect tracking, one can expect the appropriate use of the asset and to convey the maximum output from them. In this way, you can expect a good Return on Investment.