TestNG framework is a testing structure created in the lines of JUnit and NUnit, in any case, it presents some new functionality that makes it all the more intense and simpler to utilize. TestNG is intended to cover all classes of tests: unit, end-to-end, functional, integration, and so forth. And it requires JDK 5 or higher.
TestNG is an advance system outlined in an approach to use the advantages by both the testers and developers. For individuals already utilizing JUnit, TestNG selenium would appear to be the same with some advance features. With the initiation of the systems, JUnit picked up an enormous popularity over the Java applications, Java testers and Java developers with surprisingly expanding the code quality.
In spite of being a simple to utilize and direct system, JUnit has its own constraints which offer ascent to the need of carrying TestNG framework into the image. TestNG was made by an acclaimed software engineer named as “Cedric Beust”. Java TestNG is an open source system which is dispersed under the Apache Software License and is promptly accessible for download.
Both TestNG automation testing framework and JUnit have a place with a similar group of Unit Frameworks where TestNG is a stretched out adaptation to JUnit and is all the more broadly utilized in the current testing time.
What is TestNG Framework?
It is a testing framework which is utilized for an alternate scope of testing. E.g. Unit Testing, Integration Testing and so on.
Features of TestNG:
The automated software testing framework TestNG provides numerous features that make it simple to compose and run test cases:
- It underpins numerous Annotation-based at a different level
- Modules for significant IDEs, for example, Eclipse and IDEA.
- Automatically formation of test suites
- HTML based TestNG report generation
- Ability to run a single software testing strategy utilizing IDE modules.
- Data-driven testing utilizing @DataProvider
- No extra conditions to run and logging
- It provides XML document to run test suites with various setups
Benefits of TestNG over JUnit:
- There are three noteworthy benefits of TestNG over JUnit:
- Annotations are less demanding to get it
- Test cases can be assembled all the more effortlessly
- Parallel testing is conceivable
Annotations in TestNG are lines of code that can control how the strategy underneath them will be executed. They are preceded gone before by the @symbol.
This is just a basic of TestNG Automation Testing framework, although it can be used by integrating with selenium webdriver framework as well as assist testers with TestNG Plugin for eclipse. So get in touch with us to learn more about TestNG framework.