Measurement is performed by test metrics. Three parameters are measured: process estimation through process metrics, product estimation using product metrics, and project estimation through project metrics.
Test metrics are very important for QA managers, testers and agile teams who need to step forward. There is no better method to improve your testing than to choose a significant test metrics, draw a baseline, and keep tracks on your development throughout the following weeks, months or years.
Software test metrics are used to control and monitor the product and process. It drives the task towards our arranged objectives without deviation.
Software test metrics are mainly divided into three types
- Process Metrics
- Product Metrics
- Project Metrics
Process Metrics are collected over-all project and over long periods of time. These metrics, whenever distinguished and analyzed appropriately, help improve the proficiency of a process, for instance, SDLC.
- They are utilized for settling on key choices.
- The plan is to give a lot of process indicators that lead to long haul software process improvement.
The best way to know how/where to improve any process is to
- Measure the explicit qualities of the process.
- Build up a lot of important metrics dependent on these characteristics.
- Utilize the metrics to give indicators that will prompt a technique for development.
Product Metrics are for portraying attributes of the product like its size, performance, complexity, and features. A few common product metrics are customer problem, customer satisfaction metrics, mean time to failure, and defect density.
- Mean time to failure metric is, to put it clearly, the normal time the product keeps running before encountering an accident, which is significant for a system such as air traffic control that is required to have no more than a few seconds of downtime in a full year.
- Defect density metric alludes to various defects per:
- Lines of code
- Lines on input screens
- Function definitions
- Customer problem metric is a proportion of issues clients have experienced with the product over the complete utilization of the product. This metric considers that numerous occurrences of the product can be utilized simultaneously, which viably increases the time span the product has been in operation by the number of product licenses.
- Customer satisfaction metric is commonly a review requesting that client’s rate their satisfaction with the product and/or it’s featured on a five-point scale.
Project Metrics empower the project managers to survey current projects, track potential dangers, distinguish issue zones, change the work process, and assess the project team’s ability to control the quality of work products. Note that project metrics are utilized for strategic purposes as opposed to key purposes utilized by the process metrics.
It serves two needs. One, they help to limit the development plan by causing vital modifications so as to avoid delays and lighten potential dangers and issues. Two, these metrics are utilized to survey the product quality all the time and edit the technical issues whenever required. As the quality of the project improves, the number of defects and errors are diminished, which thusly prompts a lessening in the overall expense of the software project.
Usually, the main app of project metrics happens during estimation. Here, metrics gathered from the past project act as a base from which attempt and time gauges for the current project are calculated. As the project continues, unique estimates of timed and attempt are contrasted and the new proportions of time and attempt. This comparison causes the project manager to manage and control the progress of the project.
As the procedure of development continues, project metrics are utilized to follow the errors distinguished during every development phase. For instance, as the software develops from design to coding, project metrics are gathered to survey the quality of the plan and get indicators that thus influence the methodology picked for coding and testing. Likewise, project metrics are utilized to measure production rate, which is estimated as far as models created, work focuses, and conveyed lines of code.
Metric is the establishment of any business improvement. It is a Measurement-Based Technique which is connected to forms and demonstrates the level of customer satisfaction, simple for the management to accept and drill down at whatever point required and act as monitor when the procedure is leaving control. It is a standard unit of estimation that measures results.
At TestOrigen, we consider every contingency and guarantee that the right metrics are gathered for executing the right arrangement of tests. We guarantee the best quality for your product and that your clients are glad. Our tool agnostic test automation frameworks guarantee faster testing with the goal that you get higher efficiency and a lucky time to advertise.