Page Object Model Framework has these days turned out to be a famous test automation framework in the business and numerous organizations are utilizing it in view of its simple test maintenance and decrease the duplication of code.
The primary benefit of Page Object Model is that if the UI changes for any page, it doesn’t expect us to change any tests, we simply need to change just the code inside the page objects (Only at one spot). Numerous other tools which are utilizing selenium are following the page object model.
Page Object Model, also called POM, is a design pattern in Selenium which has increased greater popularity in the market for test automation development for the maintenance of code, such as avoiding code, reusability, extensibility, etc.
Page Object Model Framework is utilized for making Control properties or Object Repository for controls on a site page. For every site page which we need to automate there should be a different class, for example, if we are executing the automation for the login page, we have to keep up all the login page control properties in the isolated class file. In the case that we consider a login page, there are controls accessible in a login page such as Login, UserName, Password, ForgetPassword, etc.
Page Object Model in Selenium
A Page Object Model Framework is a design pattern that can be implemented utilizing selenium webdriver. It basically models the pages/screen of the application as objects called Page Objects, all the functions that can be performed in the particular page are embodied in the page object of that screen. So, any change made in the UI will just influence that screens page object class hence abstracting the progressions from the test classes.
We have seen that ‘Page Object Model’ is a method for speaking to an application in a test framework. For each ‘page’ in the application, we make a Page Object to reference the ‘page’ though a ‘Page Factory’ is one method for actualizing the ‘Page Object Model’.
What is the contrast between the Page Object Model and Page Factory?
Page Object is a class that speaks to a website page and holds the functionality and individuals. Whereas Page Factory is an approach to instate the web components you need to associate with inside the page object when you make an instance of it.
Pros of utilizing the Page Object Model
- Expands code reusability – code to work with events of a page is composed just once and utilized in various test cases
- Improves code maintainability – any UI change prompts updating the code in page object classes just leaving the test classes unaffected
- Makes code more readable and less weak
Cons of utilizing the Page Object Model Framework
- Complexity is expanded when utilizing the Page Objects system. As the name infers, we can’t simply compose a straightforward procedural test, we have to make a framework.
- Programming design patterns should be pursued to make the code steady and straightforward. Otherwise, the framework rapidly winds up obfuscated and complex to utilize and maintain.
- Similarly, as with any new tool, it is enticing to escape and utilize it all over the place. It’s enticing to execute a Page Objects system on a test suite that just has 10 tests; this time could likely have been spent better improving existing code.
Although the Page Object framework is effective, simple to utilize, and easy to learn— you must be mindful so as to keep it composed and document as you make. In case you’re searching for automated testers to set up or potentially maintain automation framework for your application or site, how about we talk!