Ruby testing is a universally useful, object-oriented, intelligent, dynamic programming language. It was first created and outlined in the mid-1990s by Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto in Japan. As indicated by its maker, Ruby was impacted by Eiffel, Perl, Lisp, Ada, and Smalltalk.
Smalltalk is a genuine object-oriented language. Ruby automation testing tool, same as Smalltalk, is an impeccable object-oriented language. Utilizing Ruby syntax is significantly much easier than utilizing Smalltalk syntax.
Ruby on Rails automated testing is a greatly gainful web application system written in Ruby by David Heinemeier Hansson. This Ruby automation testing tutorial gives you a complete understanding of Ruby automation testing.
Why Ruby testing?
Ruby testing started in Japan and now it is picking up fame in US and Europe too. The accompanying components contribute towards its fame
- Simple to learn
- Really object-oriented
- Less coding with fewer bugs
- Easy to broaden
- Accommodating community
- Open source
- Rich libraries
In spite of the fact that we have numerous motivations to utilize Ruby testing tool, there are a couple of disadvantages also that you may need to consider before actualizing Ruby −
Performance Issues − Although it competitors Python and Perl, it is as yet an interpreted language and we can’t contrast it and abnormal state programming dialects like C or C++.
Threading model − Ruby automated testing does not utilize local strings. Ruby strings are reproduced in the VM as opposed to running as local OS strings.
Features of Ruby testing framework:
- Ruby is open-source and is freely accessible on the Web; however, it is liable to a license.
- Ruby tool for testing can be utilized to compose Common Gateway Interface scripts.
- Ruby can be inserted into Hypertext Markup Language.
- Ruby has a perfect and simple sentence structure that enables another developer to learn rapidly and effectively.
- Ruby is a broadly useful, interpreted programming language.
- It is truly object-oriented programming language.
- Ruby is a server-side scripting language like Python and PERL.
- Ruby can without much of a stretch be associated with Sybase, MySQL, DB2, and Oracle.
- Ruby has a rich arrangement of inherent capacities, which can be utilized straightforwardly into Ruby scripts.
- Ruby has comparable sentence structure to that of numerous programming languages, for example, C++ and Perl.
- Ruby for testing can be installed in POSIX and Windows conditions.
- Ruby helps numerous GUI tool, for example, GTK, OpenGL, and Tcl/Tk.
- Ruby is especially versatile and huge projects written in Ruby are effortlessly viable.
- Ruby testing tools can be utilized for creating intranet and Internet applications.