There might be a situation when the server is expecting heavy load and having heavy use and heavy traffic at peak time including lots of data exchange. In such situations, it might happen that an accessible server may end up unfit to render service to all of the requests come to it. There must be a solution to solve this issue otherwise server may crash or may end up latent or get hanged for quite a while. To prevent such situations to occur, all things considered, there is a need to do a Failover testing approach so as to prevent disaster due to the Failover system.
It is Failover testing which checks whether the system can proceed with day by day activity with the increased load at peak times and can perceive that need has emerged to distribute extra asset and allot extra asset in the situation when the system can’t deal with the traffic without extra asset.
Failover testing approach is a testing procedure that approves a system’s capability to have the option to allow additional asset and to move tasks to back-up systems during the server failure because of other reasons. This decides whether a system is fit for taking care of additional asset, for example, extra CPU or servers during critical failures or at the point, the system reaches a performance threshold.
Failover testing is especially vital for the accompanying kinds of apps:
- Telecom Application
- Banking Application
- Financial Application
- Trading Platforms
Factors to consider prior to taking up a Failover Testing approach
- Budget shapes the center of sustenance for any association. Before wanting to lead a failover test, it turns into the responsibility of the members to figure out the expense to be brought about if there should be an occurrence of failure.
- How much expense is engaged with the support of such frameworks which are probably going to break down or fail under pressure/load.
- Write down the likelihood of the occurrence of failures. Organize the conceivable outcomes as per the level of harm they may cause.
- And to wrap things up, it is imperative to analyze the time that might be required to fix the issues caused because of system breakdown.
Step by step instructions to perform Failover testing
Failover testing plan should be done as far as performance requirement which will be there in the coming future or is as of now required.
- Set up a reasonable benchmark to meet the performance requirement.
- Compose test plan according to market requirement
- Execution of the test plan
- Preparation of report with respect to issue or asset requirement
Importance of Failover testing
Aside from load adjusting, failover testing approach additionally helps in deciding the future necessity of the asset for load adjusting and set the benchmark for what’s to come. Additionally by setting the load adjusting, the system can stand to cut down any server for maintenance without having personal time without affecting any activity by moving task to the backup system and keeping the current system in the support and assigning the additional asset to anticipate failure of the system after the system achieves the external resource of the load and after which system will undoubtedly crash if the required outer asset isn’t distributed to the framework. The additional asset here methods extra CPU or server required to keep up the continuity of the operation without any downtime.
One more thing to note here is that the failover testing approach is done as a major aspect of performance testing and is significant what doing performance and capacity planning.
The significant thought that underlies failover testing is to have the option to recognize the stage at which the system quits reacting, is where the system should have the option to make a move. The goal of a testing team dependably stays to convey a robust system to the end client that effectively fills the need it has built or design for.
So feel free to contact us to know more about the topic or to get your product tested.